2009年4月29日 星期三

Poems by Linda Lee Elrod

.

It is not easy being in love with you and not being able to see you every day.

There are times when I would consider giving up everything just to be able to gaze into your eyes or hold you in my arms even for a few minutes.

I always feel incomplete, like a part of me is missing when we are not together.

I know that, right now, this is how things have to be, but that doesn't make it any easier to bear.

Everyday without you just reminds me of the joy you add to my life, joy that I’m missing ... a lot.

So, don't forget that I “L” “O” “V” “E” you, that I'm thinking of you, and that I'm counting every minute until we're together again ...

(My unutterable thoughts put in words by Linda Lee Elrod)

*********************************************************

When I met you..


When I met you, I had no idea how much my life was about to be changed but then, how could I have known.

A love like ours happens once in a lifetime.

You were a miracle to me, the one who was everything I had ever dreamed of, the one I thought existed only in my imagination.

And when you came into my life, I realized that what I had always thought was happiness couldn't compare to the joy loving you brought me.

You are a part of everything I think and do and feel, and with you by my side, I believe that anything is possible.

Thank you for the miracle of you.

You are, and always will be, the love of my life.


Linda Lee Elrod

**************************************************


There are times



You just can’t imagine how much I miss you sometimes!

Oh, I know you’re not in Timbuktu or anything, but there are times when not just anyone will do-
times when I really wish you were right here, right now to confide in, laugh with, and talk to.

It’s amazing how often I’ll wonder what you’d think about something or what you’d advise me to do in certain situations.

Or I’ll see something and just know that nobody else would think it’s funny… except you.

I guess what I want you to know is that even though we’re apart now, I still feel closer to you than I do to many people I see every day.

That’s just a fact.

And I thought it might make you fell good to know how very important you are to me… no matter where life finds either of us.

--Linda Lee Elrod


***************************************************


Times in Life



There are times in life when you feel as if the earth has opened up and swallowed you whole . . .

And you seriously doubt if you'll ever stop hurting.

And it's then that you need to realize you can't "Make everything all right."

All you can do is survive, one hour at a time, then one day at a time.

But you are not alone.

There are many who care about you and are ready to lend you their strength when yours is all gone.
So hang on, because the sun will rise again . . .

And though you'll never forget, you will survive this and go on.

by Linda Lee Elrod

***************************************************


Friend


How can I describe the kind of friend you are?

It's really hard to know where to start because you are a friend to meIn so many different ways.

You're the friend who can tell when I'm not fine, even if I say I am, the one who draws me out, not to pry, but because you really care about how I'm feeling.

You're the friend who won't hesitate to do something totally goofy just for the sheer pleasure of cracking me up.

You're the friend who remembers things I've said, the one who knows what I worry about,

And the one I trust with my most precious secrets.

You're worth more than a thousand "mere acquaintances" because this adventure called "life" wouldn't be half as fun if I couldn't share it with you.


- Linda Lee Elrod

沒有留言: